Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday comes with appreciation

So I promised a vlog a few days ago. But I couldn't fulfill it. Gomenasai~

Once in a blue moon, I go to church and today is one of those days. Today's sermon is about appreciation. Being thankful and having gratitude. You get the drift. Right around 11am, I was at Monster with a friend playing computer games. So there were a lot of little kids around the age of 12 playing computer games beside us. Man... Their profanity vocabulary is way too 'colourful'. The vulgar statements that they spout out can easily be mistaken as a form of art. Right next to me is a rich plump kid who sucks at gaming. I came up with such conclusion because he wore branded clothes (something like Hush Puppies) and was surrounded by a bunch of skinny kids wearing decent rags. Decent rags because they look better than Dobby. So the rich kid treats one of the poor puppies RM1 so he can play Counter Strike with everyone too. Let's call that guy Lucky. After the credit of RM1 finished, Lucky kept bugging the rich kid to buy something. Some sort of scam worth RM10. The rich kid got annoyed, told him to shut up and go away. Then Lucky asked for another Ringgit so he can play again. Richie obviously had enough and told him,"I gave you RM1 already. Go away lar~".

Guess what was Lucky's response? He said to Richie,"RM1 nia. So what?"

I went wide-eyed upon hearing this come out of Lucky's mouth. Walao? Richie was kind enough to give RM1. GIVE. Not loan or borrow or lend. And I'm sure this isn't the first time he "donated" money to fund Lucky's gaming ventures at cyber cafes. At least give Richie some respect? How can you be so thick-faced to ask someone for money and still treat them like shit at the same time? Kids nowadays. Richie is a mummy's boy and one of those pushovers type, I can tell. So all Richie did was ignore and continued to play his game. At the same time, Lucky did not stop trying to extort money from Richie. At some point, Lucky said,"RM1 nia. Who do you think you are?"

From this point forward, I am expressing my emotion if I were to be Richie.

WHO AM I? I am your boss lar! You are on my payroll. Although it's just a meagre RM1 but do you have it? If you do, why do you have to come and 'pat my horse's ass' so hard for it? That's a Chinese saying, "pai wo ma pi". RM1 not enough until you have to come and scam RM10 from me? WTF?!?! And what did you say in the beginning again? Just RM1? That RM1 allowed you to sit down, play computer games and surf the Internet for at least 40 minutes. If I didn't give you that RM1, you'll be standing behind me and your other friends just to watch us play for the next few hours. Just like a sad little dog lolling its tongue while watching a pack of hounds gnaw on juicy bones. Be grateful lar!

And to those who think I am being to harsh to Lucky, can you please think about Richie? He's being sucked like poor animal by leeches. 

Here's something I got from other friends and passed around Facebook a few days ago.

When I was a kid, I didn't have a laptop, iPod, Blackberry, PS3 or iPad. I played outside with friends, bruised my knees, made up adventurous fantasies and played hide and seek. I ate what my mom made and KFC was a treat. I would think twice before I said "no" to my parents. Life wasn't hard, it was great and I survived. Kids these days are spoiled. Re-post this if you appreciate the way you were raised. I think we were happier kids :) 

Kids these days lost something - Appreciation.
 
Lucky, this is how sad looking you are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment