Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A draft for the broken-hearted

June 2010. Excited about my trip to Perth. When your name came up out of a harmless conversation with a friend the day before the holidays. Added you in Facebook. Your first response is 'weird'. You felt weird cause we know each other but never spoke at all and my sudden addition of you to my list of friends made you feel weird. Strange enough.

At first, it was just Facebook and MSN. I look forward to your wall posts and the moment when you sign in on Messenger. We would chat till 4 in the morning but not 5 because that's when conversations start to get boring. HAHA! Nursing your broken heart for that 2 weeks every night never seem to tire me although I had to wake up early for tours around Perth. No. I couldn't resist your charm at the time. Or perhaps it was the sense of pity? Until today, I still can't clarify how I fell madly in love with you.

While waiting for the flight back to Sibu, I connecting to the Internet. Checking my Facebook and signing into my MSN, I  anxiously wait for you appear online. And you did. It was small talk at first then I suddenly attempt to request for your cellphone number. "My phone is very quiet.", I typed. Your response was annoyance. But you still gave what I wanted.

From then on, texting became a part of life. At first, just a dozen messages a day. Slowly, it became a routine that starts when either of us wakes up first and ends if one of us doze off. The feelings got more intense as time flies. 


3 comments: