Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I knew it was you

Vibration.

My blurry vision perceives a phone receiving a call from some foreign unknown number. No distinctive ringtone to be heard, just continuous minute buzzing. The electronic device seems to be in a state of endless vibrating motion as I hesitate to pick up the call.

"Hello?"

My voice echoed across my plane of existence to wherever the phone is connected to.

"Hi..."

The voice responding to my greeting was strangely familiar. Meek. The only adjective I can come up with to describe it.

Conversation was hasty with faded details. It was as if someone was pressing the censor button and suppressed most of the contents.

Throughout the entire phone conversation, the lucidity of it is my voice inquiring the identity of the caller. Which she didn't surrender to me. As if a battle to the death. Never to give up one's identity.   
   
"May I know who this is?"

I said for the umpteenth time. The response was somewhat similar. Her determination can be felt through it, as if I know her and the objective was to attain my recognition. But I somehow felt stubborn and dismissed the option of giving in.

"Just tell him who you are!"

Out of the blue, another female voice can be heard. Impatient and annoyed. The caller became hesitant due to the sudden interruption. A veil of silence shrouded the conversation. Just as I was about to change my mind, it all ended with a flash of white. I woke up.   


  

I knew it was you.
Strange foreign number dialing,
Your fragile voice projected by electronic speaker,
The tone of urgency to seek acknowledgement,
The patience that is wearing thin as time ticks,
The abrupt stop. The actions to be chosen. The enigma.
I wake up. I had a dream and I knew it was you.

No comments:

Post a Comment