Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cosplay

I wonder if I'll be a cosplayer one day. I love to read mangas and watch animes (not so much of watching animes cause streaming and downloading is awfully slow). And it's cool to look totally different from what you usually look like. A successful transformation would be breath-taking and refreshing. And you have to act exactly like the character. All in all, the metamorphosis takes a lot of effort.   

Black Rock Shooter. Suan Ng from Malaysia.
So there's no main point to this post. I just want to feature cosplay. It's an interesting hobby. And I stress the fact that it requires a lot of effort again cause it's the truth. How do you get the costumes and props? Most of the time, it is hand-made. Original handiwork. So in order to be a cosplayer, you need to take up sewing classes. And any other skills required to craft the props. Costumes and props can be bought also. But only if they are mainstream like Naruto, Bleach or One Piece. (P.S. Tell me if I got my facts wrong. :D)

I have a friend who cosplays often. He recently won a competition. I saw the video when he had to get in character. It made me laugh but it was realistic. And I doubt many could achieve the same result as he did.

Dyllon Lim, Ragna from BlazBlue.
Congratz on winning the competition and also another personal matter. <3

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Bro! you should start cosplaying too`! i'll support you . XDDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. And my character will be who? o.o

    ReplyDelete